[Most Recent Entries]
Below are the 11 most recent journal entries recorded in
|Friday, January 27th, 2006|
AREXX ... events?
I was wondering about the feasibility of having an AREXX script be notified when an IM is received. I would like to set up a virtual "answering machine" which goes a bit beyond the typical capabilities of the ordinary away message. It would go something like this:
[automated AREXX][00:15:01]: Sorry, he is not here right now. Is this urgent? (y/n)
[automated AREXX][00:15:03]: OK, then type your message and I will see that he gets it.
[somebody][00:15:04]: Just wanted to bother you about nothing in particular.
[automated AREXX][00:15:05]: OK, Great. I have recorded this and will make sure he gets the message! Anything else to add? (y/n)
[automated AREXX][00:15:07]: OK, Bye!
Any idea if this is feasible?
Thanks so much for such a great AIM client. I can only imagine the intense amount of work that have gone into AmigAIM. Current Mood: curious
|Thursday, December 15th, 2005|
A slight update on AmigAIM progress...and teasers
- Somewhat Localizable (Actually, the current Beta is also, but it doesn't
currently use CatComp, or the related files)
- Uses New Log system - By Day (Converts on first run of new version)
- Fully Operational Server Sided Info (Compliant with PC AIM)
-- Buddy List
-- Deny/Allow Lists
-- Other Assorted Online Preferences
-- Alias stored for Each Buddy (GAIM compatible method)
-- Comment stored for each Buddy
- Semi Automatic Update system for Checking and Downloading New Versions
-- Probably will be delayed for later use
- File Transfer (Most definitely for later release)
-- I have quite functional but buggy code, so I'm having to redesign the code
-- This will take quite sometime as I have an actual job which has nothing to
do with any programming for the Amiga
There are many items that aren't yet reimplemented as they were removed while
rebuilding the Server Side systems, which is the main reason the current
internal Alpha version is not able to be publically released. Current Mood: productive
|Saturday, July 24th, 2004|
New AmigAIM version released:
I've just released a new version of AmigAIM with modified socket handling which
removes the need for the timer bypass system under WinUAE.
All timer bypass systems have been removed from the new version.
Note: Posting this via amigajournal
on WinUAE. Current Mood: accomplished
|Sunday, May 23rd, 2004|
Development is back on, sort of...
I was unable to get the original HD operating, so I've had to putup
with the one year old backup copy. I've reimplemented the changes in
the Beta release, and rereleased the new version. Unfortunately, the
internal Alpha version has lots of changes, which I don't have copies
of any documentation for. Development is going on... Current Mood: productive
|Sunday, May 16th, 2004|
All Development On Hold
As reported in a reply in the AmigAIM Mailing List, the HD on my Amiga holding all my programs has had a major malfunction. As such, the development of all my programs for the Amiga are currently, as the very least, 1 year behind now on development - if I can even get them from my Amiga Forever backup systems. I am currently attempting to get an identical drive to try out a new main board in the drive to see if I can recover anything from the drive, as it appears the electronics have failed and not necessarily the media.
As such, until further notice, all my programming projects have been put on indeterminate hold.
|Tuesday, November 4th, 2003|
I just wanted to post that I've been using AmigAIM and am LOVING it!!!
It is so much better that gegAIM or Jabberwocky!
|Wednesday, March 12th, 2003|
AmigAIM 0.9444 Beta
Changed a few items related to the Service and Search sockets, as the Search servers seem to be rather iffy at the moment and a few problems occured as a result.
|Friday, January 10th, 2003|
AmigAIM V 0.9443 Released
Ok, so it is just a maintenance release, as it only removes one reconnection bug which has been around quite a while. But, I figured I needed to make a new release for it, as that problem can be annoying. (My internal Alpha had the same problem until I fixed it just before fixing this release)
|Sunday, December 29th, 2002|
Official NList Updated
Just a note that the NList Custom class has been given an official update, which includes the capability I added to the unofficial update I made some time ago. As that is the case, I've made that version available from the website.
|Sunday, May 26th, 2002|
First test using my own Amiga LiveJournal client to post to a shared
|Wednesday, May 8th, 2002|
Status of AmigAIM (Copied from my personal journal)
Ok, so - what is the latest status of AmigAIM, you ask? Or don't you care?
Anyway, if you do care, main changes to my current internal versions are...
1) Server Stored Info(SSI) - Buddy Lists and such...
2) Internal Semi-Automatic updates after check from homepage server
3) Modified Logging System - should allow loading of logs by date, rather than having to load entire log (I have an external program written to convert old logs to new log format)
4) A Special Mode to Relog On after Being kicked offline by another client elsewhere (Includes a timer for possible prevention of deadlock between two copies of AmigAIM continuously going back and forth)
5) Program has been changed to use the AIM protocol used in version 4.3.2229 of the PC AIM Client for the most part (SSI is mandatory in 4.3+, as the old style Buddy Lists are no longer accepted)
6) Partially Expanded Privacy system - SSI added/changed a few things and how they are handled.
7) When allowed, messages from users not on Buddy List will open new window, but are not added to Buddy List at all (Temporary classification is gone)
8) A few other things - all of which are causing errors at some locations...
9) I removed things in creating a SSI version, which I keep forgetting to re add (In fact until about a week ago, I had forgotten to allow receiving of Messages from people not on the Buddy List)
My next plans are for the addition of File Transfer, after I get my current version bug fixed for the current additions. (And readd stuff I keep forgetting I removed)
- Fortunately, the last addition I had made to AmigAIM before the current program (which was a complete rewrite), was a file transfer system which was rather buggy and wasn't correctly integrated into the program for the most part, so I do have some rather functional File Transfer code to fall back on (from the source code I saved from the previous version), even if it requires lots of rewriting...